Sunday 12 January 2014

January Joy: Try a New Trend


'Try a New Trend' is a slightly scary prospect for someone in her mid thirties who has not read a fashion magazine for years. If new trends are what I see girls wearing to the pub on a Saturday night I can do without thanks. Wet look leggings have a place, and it's not on my fat backside.

So I decided to forget about that and just go with a change. I decided to get a fringe cut. This may or may not be a new trend, it could be soo last year, but who cares really.

Fringes have been a no no since my teenage years. The thick blonde fringe I had sported since primary school started from somewhere at the back of my head and was thick enough to completely obscure my vision after 2 weeks starting to grow the damned thing out. I wore a thick black alice band for about a year as the awkward chunk of ex-fringe slowly met up with the rest of my hair. There was no such thing a long sweeping side fringes in the early 90s, my hairdresser did not seem to help me out. So cutting it back in again has never been an option.

But I am curious. Since the fringe was last around, my hair has mostly just hung about in various lengths of layered bob. Its time to change things up a bit. Collecting images of beautiful celebrities and models sporting cool looking fringes encouraged me that with that simple chop, I too could look awesome.

A Groupon deal for £16 cut and blowdry with local trendy salon clinched it. Fringe has been chopped. Well it didn't quite turn me into Zooey Deschanel, but it's new and different and I kind of like it even if my husband was mean.

Another thing off the January Joy list- Try a New Trend

No comments:

Post a Comment