Saturday 4 January 2014

January Joy: Time & Planning

"I put the 'Pro' in Procrastination"

In a quest for improved happiness, productivity and getting more from my time I am doing #JanuaryJoy. First this need a bit of planning and inspiration, so how handy that a couple of the things on the list are about Time and Planning.

- Make a Calendar
- Manage your time

Not a huge change for me as my calendar already extends out to 2015 for my business, and I plan and manage complex projects all the time so I can be organised when I need to be. However, I procrastinate like a pro, and get distracted by anything and everything. This whole blog idea hadn't even formed in my brain 3 days ago, and now here we are, thoroughly distracted. I'd blame Pinterest, but before that it was Flickr and before the internet it was... actually I don't know, maybe I was super efficient back then.... Anyway....

I use Google calendar which I can access wherever I am and is shared with Jeff and can't see any reason to change that. Today I set up a new calendar app on my Android phone called Cal, which was recommended on the Play store, and combined with sister app Any.Do, a to do list app, this seems a good interface for organising my life on my phone. I've tried quite a lot of To Do list/Memo type apps on my phone and ipad and not really got into a workflow with them so we shall see how this works out.

Recently I have gone back to using a simple notepad in my bag to sort my life out and this low tech approach is working out pretty well. I am less prone to distraction with a to do list and a simple monthly plan drawn out on pages of my notepad, to be scrawled on, annotated and revised easily. Plus I've had a weird obsession since I was a little girl for stationary (God I love Paperchase) so I need to put the otherwise pointless collection to notepads to use for something. I have new rainbow pens and stickers for marking pages too. Stationary joy.

So, January Joy is planned, the to do list is made, plus some Pinterest boards along the way. I have hair appointments, Girls nights in, baking, stargazing and oh yeah, the dreaded tax return all sorted.

Make a Calendar- Complete
Manage your Time- All over it

No comments:

Post a Comment