Saturday 24 January 2015

Having a happy pregnancy

So I started this blog mostly for my own therapeutic rambling into the ether, an attempt to document and thus legitimise my attempts to lead a happier life through making an effort to do more stuff. However I don't seem to have found much time to do much exciting recently and life is changing fast. Am I still blogging about Doing more Happy or what?

Well if ever there was a time to enjoy life and get the most out of it its now. I've put off starting a family for a long time with this selfish notion that having kids would ruin any future fun in my life. Weirdly since it's become a reality I don't have that feeling at all. Maybe I have actually grown up??! I guess I am realising that life is not going to end just because I won't be backpacking through the jungle or out raving til 5am for a while (plus I didn't really do that anyway) It will just be different.

These next days, weeks and months will be made of crazy changes and fleeting moments, never repeated, and I should appreciate it. It's amazing what is happening right now- My body is making another human! Pregnancy is a transient time and we do need to make the most of the last times before a new person takes over our life.  So the ethos of Do More Happy still stands. Let's make this a happy pregnancy...

No comments:

Post a Comment